Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any information you provide will be held for our own use only and not knowingly disclosed to any third party in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) unless we are required by law to do so.
Our website is SSL protected meaning that when you contact us through the website, all your details are encrypted before being transmitted to us.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION CONSENT – Regulation (EU) 2016/679
- Increase privacy and extend data rights for EU residents.
- Help EU residents understand personal data use.
- Give regulatory authorities greater power to take action against organisations that breach the new data protection regulations.
- Simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying date protection regulations within the European Union.
- Require every new business process that uses personal data to abide by the GDPR data protection regulations and Privacy by Design rule.
Margaret Lennon Counselling Practice takes your privacy seriously and wishes to inform you that in line with GDPR data regulations your personal data will be held in the following way – name/email/contact number and where appropriate, directly relevant aspects of medical history and next of kin/significant other contact.
The collecting of personal data is to fulfil my obligation to you when accessing therapy i.e. communication, information transferred to you of specific interest, contact for appointment bookings and summary record of our work together. Information will be stored securely.
Your data will not be passed onto a third party and you can opt-out of mailings at any time.
PRIVACY NOTICE – how your information will be used.
- Your information will not be disclosed to any person or company outside of Margaret Lennon Counselling Practice without prior consent other than if required to do so by law.
- Your data will only be used within my counselling practice for the purposes of helping you with therapy.
Where your data is held?
- Any data not in current use is securely held in locked cabinets and when in use is held by me at all times and no other person has access.
- You are entitled to withdraw any contact details held.
- For more information or to request removal of information please email at email@example.com or telephone on 07903 825 538
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
|cookie_notice_accepted||WordPress||This is the cookie we use to stop the cookie message displaying each time you visit the site.|
Third party cookies are used on this site – these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies as well as more general information about cookies.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of time.